Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hot Humid Summer




Well sure has been a hot steamy summer here in the southeast. I thought I would get some relief for the heat on my travels north to Minneapolis, but it was hot and humid there as well. While I was in Minneapolis I enjoyed a walk through the sculpture garden. The spoon with the cherry fountain is an icon of the city. What a humorous piece and fitting of this gentle pleasant city.

On my return drive I traveled through Iowa and had a delightful lunch in the Amana Colonies with a hot walk around the little village where I found a peace pole outside the visitors center. I found another very interesting old peace pole from Russia inside the visitor's center. It was very large and round different from any I have seen before. Most inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment