Thursday, June 11, 2009

Peace Pole, Dahlonega



Hey, You All!
Well, we had a big turn out and even the press showed up for the Peace Pole Dedication at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Dahlonega. I created the Peace Pole from a 4x4 redwood post that I purchased in California and brought across the country on top of my car along with the Peace Pole from my last blog. This Peace Pole I created in a more traditional way with the phrase "May Peace Prevail on Earth" painted in 10 different languages. There are Peace Pole planted in over 280,000 locations around the World to help remind people to keep peace in your mind and heart.

1 comment:

  1. hello, we are working on doing a peace pole, and as I see your reference related to 280,000...I would like toknow your source if possible. THe most I have found was saying 200,00o, and I do realize that is an Old Number. Help if you can! Mary Irvine...Mount Pleasant MI...irvine49@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete