Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Visiting Galveston and Gulf Shores






Greetings from Galveston. I am setting here looking out at the Gulf shimmering in the sunlight through the railing of my second floor balcony. Then I turn to my vision scene along the shoreline and it is filled with trucks dump sand and tractors moving it about in a reconstruction effort to reclaim a lost beach. The is much damage here still from hurricane Ike. Instead of a peaceful walk on the beach I am becoming a photo journalist for the day taking images of storm place. The shoreline had much debris that locals set among while fishing. Find Hotels where abandon and I wondered if they will be rebuilt. As I looked about on this beautiful spring I wondered at the power of the wind to recreate so much distraction in a very short time and if this place will ever return to what it once was as a beautiful Gulf shore resort area.

No comments:

Post a Comment